Manage My Holds
Mi Cuenta en español
You can review the holds you have placed for materials, and suspend, reactivate, or cancel the holds. For each request, you can see the format and title of the item, the pick-up library you designated, and the status of the hold. The following statuses are common listings:
• Hold Active - Your request for the item is active and the pick-up library will receive the item when it is available.
• Hold Pending - You are first in line to receive the next available copy.
• Hold In Transit - Your item is on the way to your pick-up location.
• Hold Shelf - The item you requested has been located and is waiting on the Hold Shelf. The library notifies you when it is available for pick-up.
• Hold Canceled - The hold request has been canceled.
• Hold Unclaimed - The item has been removed from the hold shelf after seven days.
The numbers in the Hold Position column indicate the status of your hold compared to other customers’ hold for the same item.
1. Click Holds on the My Account menu and sign in.
The holds page displays a list of your current holds.
Click a title in the list to search for the title in the library catalog and see full information about the title in the search results.
2. To sort the list, click a column name. For example, click Title to sort the list by title.
3. To suspend or reactivate holds, and specify the date to reactivate them:
a) Select the check box by the title for each request that you want to suspend or reactivate, and click Suspend/Reactivate Selected Holds (or click Suspend/Reactivate All Holds to suspend or reactivate all your holds). You can suspend library system holds with the status Active or Pending, and you can reactivate holds with the status Inactive.
The Suspend/Reactivate Hold requests dialog box appears.
b) Type the date when suspended holds should be reactivated, or type today’s date to reactivate an inactive request. Type the date in the format mm/dd/year (for example, 3/05/2012 for March 5, 2012).
c) Click Submit.
Active and Pending holds become Inactive. Inactive holds become Active.
4. To cancel one or more holds, select the check box by the title for each request that you want to cancel, and click Cancel Selected Holds. Or click Cancel All Holds to cancel all your holds.
You can cancel holds within the library system with the status Active, Inactive, or Pending.
5. To see more information about a particular item, click the blue information icon .
Detailed information about the hold is displayed. You can cancel, suspend, or reactivate the hold from this view.
6. To read a note about a hold, place your cursor over the note icon . The note text appears.
You can also click the note icon to see more information about the hold. The information includes the note.